Homemade Acne Mask Can Keep Your Skin Acne Free
Any homemade acne mask should concentrate on cleansing the skin of oil, killing acne bacterial, or exfoliating the skin to remove dead skin cells. The ingredients in your homemade acne mask should be chosen with these objectives in mind.
Facial masks have been used for centuries to help keep the skin smooth and clear. Acne sufferers have often resorted to common household ingredients to help beautify their skin and keep it acne free. You can too if you use the right ingredients.
Homemade Acne Mask Ingredients
First, here are a few ingredients that many people have found helpful.
- Lemon Juice: The natural alpha-hydroxy acids in lemon juice form a mild exfoliant that helps clear your skin of dead cells and encourages the regeneration of the skin. This leaves your skin feel soothe and smell good. The acid does sting a little, so it’s not for people with sensitive skin. Can use real lemons or the lemon look alike containers.
- Egg white and yolk: Masks of egg whites have compounds that inhibit viruses and break down cell walls in bacteria.The whites also help to draw oils out of the skin and constrict or tighten the pores. Masks of egg yolks are rich in vitamin A which is helpful in healing blemishes.
- Honey has been used for centuries to kill microbes, reduce swelling or inflammation. It is a slightly acidic exfoliant that is also a natural antioxidant and antibacterial agent. It attracts and retains moisture to help the skin stay soft and retain its elasticity.
- Oatmeal when cooked and allowed to dry on the face absorbs excess oil from the pores. Removing the hardened oatmeal mask also abrades dead skin cells to exfoliate your skin.
- Apple cider vinegar is a mild acid rich in alpha-hydroxy acids that helps exfoliate the skin of dead cells, allowing for regeneration. Those with sensitive skin can lower the concentration of vinegar.
Homemade Acne Mask Directions
Before you prepare and apply any mask be sure to cleanse your face so the mask with have the maximum effect. Many people suggest using a mask once a week or at least alternating between masks on a day-to-day basis.
Here a just a few suggestions to get your started.
- Mix together 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 egg white with 1 teaspoon of glycerin, enough flour to form a paste. Apply to face. Wash off with warm water after about 10 minutes.
- Cook oatmeal in water and allow to cool. Mix in some honey to help it adhere to the skin. Spread over the face, avoiding the eyes, and let set for 20 minutes and wash off before it hardens.
- Mix organic apple cider vinegar and water and apply with cotton to the face before bedtime. Wash face in morning.
Use these and other simple items from home to make your own homemade acne mask to clear up your face and keep acne away.
Incoming search terms:
- homemade acne mask
- homemade acne masks
- acne masks
- home made acne mask